Sunday, February 26, 2017

Seriously healthy banana protein pancakes... gluten and dairy free

Somedays you just eat whatever your tummy wants.


Today was one of those days for me... And I wanted pancakes.  But I also knew what I needed.  Luckily I could get both in my belly!


 


1 C oats- make sure they are certified gf

3 eggs

1/2 C almond milk

1 t pure vanilla

1 banana

2 T flax seed meal

2 scoops vanilla protein powder 

4 t baking powder

Pinch sea salt

Pinch cinnamon

Chocolate chips- kinda optional but kinda necessary 😉


Heat a griddle to medium.  Put everything in a blender (except chocolate chips) and blend until smooth.  Add a little more almond milk if the batter needs to be thinner.  Stir in any additions you love (chocolate chips, chopped nuts, chai seeds, blueberries...). Pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.  Let cook about 2-3 minutes, look for the edges to look a little dry.  Then carefully flip and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes. 


Bananas make these sweet enough without any added sugar.  Try not to ruin them by pouring a bunch of sugar syrup on top please and thank you!  I will judge you for the syrup, but I won't judge you for bacon!! Enjoy!! 😉🍌😂 🥓 

No comments :

Post a Comment