Thursday, November 15, 2012

A SPFy Anniversary!...GF Sunscreens.


Come January I will be escaping the cold darkness of the snowy midwest winter and will be sitting my bikini clad booty on the beach of sunny Mexico! And what goes so well with bikinis?!? Why yes... PiƱa coladas...but I was thinking of something a bit more practical...Sunscreen!

Lotion SPF 50 SunscreenWe celiacs need to make sure that we are protecting ourselves from more than just sunburns and skin cancer. So what sunscreens do I slather myself with?



1. Coppertone: My brand of choice...all of their products are gluten free!! This summertime favorite is readily available at Target, Walmart, and most drug stores. Sensitive Skin SPF 50 will be making its way to Mexico with me this winter. Bonus... you can usually find some pretty good coupons on their website!

2. Banana Boat: Another convenient choice, but be careful with this one... only the sunscreens are gluten free.  

3. California Baby: This is another option, but it is pretty pricy and is not quite as easy to come by. But the entire line is organic as well as GF.

4. Bare Minerals: This is a very celiac friendly brand. They offer a Tinted Sunscreen for Faces.

5. Juice Beauty: The entire line is GF and organic. They have a fabulous SPF30 Tinted Mineral Moisturizer that comes in a variety of shades. And don't forget your pucker.. They have a lip moisturizer that also has SPF.


Remember: To stay safe while soaking up the sun you need to reapply every two hours, or after swimming/sweating (whether it is waterproof or not!) And when I say reapply... be hard core! To make sure you are protected you should be using two ounces (yep...as much as a shot of jd!) of sunscreen each time.


I hope this lists helps you enjoy the sun without the worry! I hope some of you get to use this list when traveling to somewhere sunny this winter, but if not know that I will sip some beachy cocktails for you all on the shores of the sunny Caribbean Sea! So let the countdown begin! Now that I've decided which SPF to take, I'm off to start choosing which bikinis to pack (do you think ten is a bit overkill for one week?)! Can you tell I'm just a tad excited?!?



No comments :

Post a Comment