Friday, December 7, 2012

Pamper Your Pucker!... Gluten Free Lip Products

Winter is right around the corner and with all that cold, wind, and snow comes dry skin and lips.  This can be hard to combat when you have celiac.  You wear lip products on your mouth so whether you believe topical gluten is an issue or not I can't stress how important it is to make sure that your lip products are gluten free.  Do you have a certain flavor or lip balm that you just love?  Well if you can taste it you are ingesting it!  So stop unintentionally ingesting gluten and switch to one of these great lip products!















1. Vaseline Lip Therapy: I adore this stuff!  It's so cute and it works!  It makes my lips so soft, and they stay that way for a long long time.  My favorite is the cocoa butter one because it smells so yummy.  Their website states that the lip therapy is gluten free... check it out here.


 

The Alice In Wonderland eos Collection... yummy!

2. eos Lip Balm:  I so want to love these... they are adorable little easter eggs like spheres that come in pretty colors, smells, and flavors. They also proudly state their gluten freeness prominently on the packaging!  But these lip balms are just ok for me...sometimes I feel that they make my lips drier instead of softer.  But I know they work well for a lot of people so I thought I would let you try them out for yourselves and make your own opinion.  You can find more info here or pick them up at Target or CVS.  I can't promise they will work well for you, but I can promise they are GF.
 

3. Juice Beauty:  All of their products are gluten free!  Check out their lip choices here.  I got the Reflecting Gloss in Fig free with my last order and I love it!  The scent takes a bit of getting used to, but it is really pretty and all organic and GF.

4. e.l.f. Cosmetics:  I did a previous post on this line... they are entirely GF, and also tested for G.  They have A LOT of choices for lips... check it out here.... but these are some that I have tried and liked...
  • e.l.f. Studio Conditioning Lip Balm SPF 15
  • e.l.f. Studio Lip Primer & Plumper
  • e.l.f. Studio Lip Stain
  • e.l.f. Essential Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick

5. Softlips: Their website says that all of their products are GF.... check it out here! They are also all vegan and completely cruelty free.  These are very affordable and can be easily found just about anywhere. There are lots on options... regular, tinted, gloss... And lots of flavors and scents. I am a big fan of the PURE 100% Natural products! 




6. Carmex: One of their FAQs on their website is "Does Carmex contain gluten?" And their response... "Nope, not even a speck"... Now that makes me smile!

*7. Blistex Simple and Sensitive:  This is an affordable basic lip balm with six simple ingredients.  It doesn't smell or taste like anything, but it works really well.  I have talked to the customer service people at Blistex and they keep telling me that all their lip products are GF... but (and it's a BIG but!)  I was browsing through their products one day at walmart to see if there were any other ones I might like and I scanned the ingredients of the Five Star Lip Protection... and lo and behold... it lists wheat germ oil plane as day as an ingredient!  I was completely disgusted!  I have spoke to the company multiple times about this and they assure me that it is still gluten free because the gluten has been removed from this ingredient... hmmmm??  I'm not sure I'm convinced.... but there are only six simple ingredients in the simple and sensitive formula so there is no confusion for me there with whether or not it is formulated to be GF... but then you have cross contamination as an issue.  I have discontinued using this product just to be safe because I no longer have confidence in this company....so proceed at your own risk with this one...

Stay perfectly kissable and GF this winter with these great products!  And as always, if you have any great favorites please share!  I'm hoping that Santa finds this post and fills my stocking with some of these great products!

No comments :

Post a Comment