Thursday, May 2, 2013

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake!

Everytime one of the kids brings a chocolate chip cookie cake to school for their birthday I practically drool over it!  They always smell sooo good and I just want to eat it... I would settle for just one bite!  Obviously I practice my (and any other celiac's) super hero power... self control, and don't... But that doesn't mean I stop thinking about it.

So I decided long ago that I would attempt to make a gluten free version for my birthday snack and share this year.  I found a chocolate chip cookie cake recipe online (Thanks Lindsay!) that I am going to adapt to be gluten and dairy free.  We will see how this goes... Wish me luck!



Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
3/4 C Dairy Free Butter- room temperature
3/4 C Dark Brown Sugar
1/4 C Sugar
1 Egg
2 t Vanilla Extract
2 C GF All Purpose Flour Mix- I have been loving Stashu's lately
2 t Cornstarch
1 t Baking Soda
1/2 t Salt
1 1/4 C Dairy Free Chocolate Chips

Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy (about 3 - 4 minutes).  Mix in the egg and vanilla.  Into another small bowl sift together the flour, cornstartch, baking soda, and salt.  With the mixer set on low add the flour mixture to the butter mixture gradually.  Stir in the chocolate chips... the dough will be thick.  Chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight.  When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place parchment paper into the bottom of your pan to help prevent sticking.  Spread the dough out in the pan.  Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.  Remove from the oven and let cool for a couple minutes before removing from pan.  Cool completely on a rack.  Add frosting and enjoy!

This should make one 8 or 9 inch cookie cake... but once again I am breaking more rules!  I am going to make these as cupcakes for the simple fact that it will be easier to serve to all the kids that way.  I got some adorable colorful polka dot cupcake liners and am going to hope for the best!  Once they are all slathered with frosting I'm sure they will be just fine!  Kids love anything with frosting right?! So they should love my snack and share!

Speaking of shares!... If you read my last post you probably already guessed the big surprise!  Miss Penny Su is coming to school!  The kids are going to be soooo excited!  At least I know they will love that part of my snack and share! :)

I bought myself an early birthday presents this year!  They make me smile.. and they were on clearance! :)


 



No comments :

Post a Comment