Monday, May 6, 2013

Let's celebrate 27.... How About A Watermelon Rita?!

I always celebrate birthdays at my absolute favorite restaurant ...Mi Margarita!  I'm telling you guys if you are ever in the Illinois Valley area you must try it.  They make the BEST margaritas... we had peach raspberry last night... yum!  The food is amazing! The chips and salsa... perfect!  The best part is the staff!  They are all so friendly and take such good care of me and my food issues.  I never have to worry that I might get glutened there... ever!


Anyway... I'll share a margarita recipe with you in honor of my birthday and cinco de mayo weekend!  It's not Miguel's, but it's still yummy... I hope you like it!


Fresh Watermelon Ritas

1/4 C agave nectar- more or less to taste
2 1/2 cups cubed seeded watermelon
3/4 cup white tequila
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup triple sec
2 cups crushed ice, or as needed
1 lime, cut into wedges
watermelon slices

Place watermelon in a blender or food processor. Pulse until pureed.  Stir watermelon puree into a large pitcher with nectar, tequila, triple sec, and lime juice.  Place a small amount of salt or sugar into a saucer. Rub edge of margarita glasses with a lime wedge to moisten. Lightly dip the rim of the glass into the saucer to rim the glass; tap off excess salt or sugar.  Fill rimmed glasses with crushed ice; pour margarita mixture into glasses and garnish with lime wedges and watermelon slices to serve.

  

I enjoyed more of Mi Margarita's food this weekend... They are one of our amazing sponsors for Thank Dank!  They donated food for all of us volunteers this year!  It was so delicious and everyone loved it!  Thank you friends at Mi Margarita..... from ALL of us!






In case you are wondering....
The kids loved my Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes!  Especially the part about them being special treats that don't make Miss Kat's tummy sick!  They are all such sweeties!

Sadly Penny Su did not get to go to school for my birthday snack and share... it was a rainy rainy day, and she is not allowed inside school... so they will have to settle for seeing her at the all class picnic... which will be here before we know it.  We only have 5 more days of school!  Yikes!

No comments :

Post a Comment