Thursday, April 3, 2014

Gluten Free Adventures



I am so so faithful to my absolute favorite restaurant ever... Mi Margarita!  They are so good to me there!  And the food is always good... and the drinks...oh my goodness!  Best. Margaritas. Ever.

Although I could eat Mexican food every single day of my life and not get bored.... not everyone feels the same.  It makes me wonder if people hesitate to ask me out to dinner or lunch dates because they know they will have to eat Mexican food....again :/

Maybe it's time to expand my horizons so I don't make all of our friends bored,  or make Mi Margarita run out of salsa or tequila!
This is where the idea for gluten free adventures was born.


this print will have a prominent position in my hypothetical office... reminding me to always strive to be an adventurer (even if i'm sitting behind a desk)
I have been to many a place that tells me they can't feed me anything... and I just walk out the door.  That, my friends, is not a good feeling.  So to avoid that feeling I always just go to my usual place.  When I go out to eat I want it to be enjoyable, not stressful... and I know I have no worries or fear at Mi Margarita.  It is my happy place, my comfort zone.  But I need to grow up a bit.  (No offense Mi Marg)  So, I have decided to not let it bother me when someone is rude/inconsiderate/ignorant/(insert any other not so nice adjective).  That's life right?

 Instead I simply don't give them my business, and move on.  Money talks... and they won't get mine.  And so what if  I end up back at Mi Margarita...then I wash my sorrows down with some margaritas and all is right in my world again.  See, no harm done.

Besides how am I going to make people understand if I first don't make them aware? How can I expect a change if I don't first ask for it?

So I will be exploring the restaurant scene and sharing my expierience with you all here.  I will be focusing on how friendly and knowledgable the staff is when it comes to celiac disease or food allergies/intolerances, and how willing they are to help.   Are they taking me seriously?  I will also focus on how good the food is, and of course the drinks.  So check back to see how celiac friendly the world (in all reality, mostly just the Illinois Valley)  REALLY is....


Oh man, if you know someone who makes these for shirts, sign me up!
I love this image from Udi's
Why is this so difficult for some people to comprehend??




No comments :

Post a Comment