Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Vitamix For My Birthday!!





Isn't she pretty!?

 I have been lusting after one of these babies for quite a while, but I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money when I had a perfectly good blender already.  I'm sure I will soon realize that that "good" blender really wasn't so good and not at all perfect in comparison to my newest toy.
I use my blender almost every morning to make my green smoothies.  And then there is always the never ending pitchers of margaritas and other frozen cocktails that I whip up to think about too.  Salsas, hummus, dressings... the list goes on.  I can also make my own flours and my own almond or coconut milk! 
I'm beyond excited for how smooth it will blend my smoothies.   My GI Doc tells me that because of my supercool immune system and it's lymphocytic colitis I shouldn't be having a lot of fiber, especially in the form of fresh fruits and veges.  Well I don't like that kinda talk!  I feel like garbage if I don't get all those good nutrients into my broken GI system somehow.  This way my blender will do all the digesting for me and I can just absorb all the good stuff without all the work for my tummy!  (He thought about getting me a juicer, but knew I wouldn't use it as much if I had to clean all those parts!)
 I think my new Vitamix will soon become the most loved part of my kitchen.
Being a Vitamix virgin, I am not yet aware of all the superpowers the machine possesses.  Do you guys and gals have a Vitamix?   What's your favorite thing to use it for?

No comments :

Post a Comment