Thursday, May 8, 2014

What's Filling My Cooler All Summer Long?!

It is beautiful out today!!  I can finally feel that summer is really on its way!  Thank GOD!!

With this beautiful weather comes pool parties, cookouts, picnics, and bonfires!   You can't really show up to any of the above without a cooler full of drinks.  I don't know about you guys but there is something I love about being able to grab a bottle out a cooler like everyone else gets to do!  It makes me feel a little more normal to hold that bottle in my hand and be able to lazily take a sip of it! Is that just me?

It's hard finding something gluten free that is easy to just grab a bottle and sip without wincing!  A lot of the gluten free beer on the market is just down right disgusting.  And for some of it, the true gluten free status is questionable..... no thank you!  There is always cider... but some of that is just way to sweet for me.  And if sweetness isn't a problem, there is always that simple fact that it is usually very heavy and filling.  I can only end up drinking one, maybe two max.... until now!




peach-bottleI was at my local Hy-Vee and one of the nice guys in the liquor department said I needed to taste this seasonal cider, and that I would end up buying a whole case!

At first I was skeptical because it was Cider Boys, and I didn't like their Magic Apple (Strawberry flavor).  But this was called Peach County, and I love peaches so I said what's the harm in tasting it?   He cracked a bottle open for me and oh my goodness... It was love at first taste.   Well turned out the harm was to my bank account because now I'm obsessed!

I don't even know how to describe to you how delicious it is.  It is light, not too sweet, but has a distinct peach flavor.  It is basically summer in  bottle!  And thanks to my Mama and Papa who were with me,  I did end up leaving with a whole case as part of my birthday present!  I keep passing bottles out to my friends telling them that they NEED to try it!  Guess I will be needing another case ASAP!



No comments :

Post a Comment