Wednesday, November 12, 2014

DIY Gluten Free Bisquick

The Betty Crocker Gluten Free Bisquick is soooo useful.... but also so expensive!  Aldi had a product that had the exact same ingredients which was a little more reasonably priced.  When I was comparing ingredients between the two I decided why not just make this myself?  I appreciate the effort by both companies, but I can do a bit better.  It's always good when you get the chance to save money and eliminate processed food from your life in my opinion!

Decent ingredients, but some of that
stuff sounds a little nasty! Aluminum? Soy?
Is that really necessary? NO

At first I couldn't find any recipes for Gluten Free Bisquick.  There were plenty for regular bisquick and I thought I was going to have to take one of those and make it GF.  That's not what I wanted, and most of them weren't even dairy free. Not gonna work!

Finally I found this one from Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box!

This is how I do it....

1 C White Rice Flour
1/2 Brown Rice Flour
1 1/2 C Potato Starch
3 T Sugar
1 T + 2 t  Baking Powder (Make sure it's GF and aluminum free)
1 1/2 t Xanthan Gum
2 t Sea Salt


In a big bowl whisk everything together.  Sift it a bunch of times to make sure it's good!  Store it in a sealed container.  I use my big mason jar.  You can use this just as you would the boxed stuff.

My favorite thing to use this for is pizza crust!



No comments :

Post a Comment