Thursday, July 9, 2015

Garden Fresh Salsa

The garden at the Red Roof Inn is pretty much just a salsa/mojito/bruschetta garden!  Tomatillos (I'll share my recipe for salsa verde!), tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro, onion.... of course the fresh mint and basil too!


I picked my first jalapeno this past weekend....So, naturally I made salsa!!


This is a really easy salsa that tastes so fresh and is so quick to whip up.


Garden Fresh Salsa


4 Fresh Tomatoes- fresh from the garden is best, but none of mine are ready yet
1 jalapeno- I like it hot so I throw the seeds in too
1 red onion
juice of 1 lime
3 garlic cloves
one big handful of fresh picked cilantro
splash of apple cider vinegar
1 can Rotel
1/4 C ketchup- make sure it's GF of course- I use Heinz Organic
dash of cumin
salt & pepper to taste


Cut the veges up a bit and throw everything in the blender.  Blend until you get your desired consistency.


As you can see there really is no science to this.  Just throw shit in the blender and hit go!



The entire jar was gone by the end of the day!










No comments :

Post a Comment