Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Secret Ingridient of my Mojitos!

I have been told numerous times that my mojitos spoil people for all future mojitos! 


Now I will not share my mojito recipe with you all... mostly because I don't really have one!


Most people don't even bother to ask for my mojito recipe because it's just easier to be the mojito drinker than the mojito maker...These muscles don't just come from cleaning cars! :)


It's really just fresh mint, lime, rum, ice, club soda and this!


Fresh Mint Syrup


1 1/2 C Water
1 1/2 C Sugar
1 1/2 C fresh chopped mint


Mix the water and sugar in a small saucepan.  Bring it to a boil and let the sugar dissolve.  In the meantime clean and chop the mint.  Throw it in a heat safe bowl.  Once the sugar mixture has dissolved and cooked down a bit pour it over the mint.  Immediately cover it!  That's the important part to keep all that good mint flavor in the syrup and prevent it from evaporating.  Let it steep until it has cooled down to room temperature.  Strain it into a funnel and then into a glass bottle and keep refrigerated for mojito making!



I also love to squeeze a whole lemon into my water and add a bit of this.  Fresh mint lemonade!  Yum!


No comments :

Post a Comment