Thursday, November 3, 2016

Better and healthier than Reese's to die for peanut butter cup brownies (gluten & dairy free)

I LOVE Halloween!  But it can be a bit rough for a gutsy girl, especially one that is not only gluten free, but dairy free too!  



I always want to prevent a semi meltdown and make sure to have some chocolaty goodness that I can eat so I'm not depressed watching everyone else enjoy their treats.  



The candy I miss most is Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  Thanks to this recipe they aren't my kryptonite (like Ritz crackers, which I find irreplaceable) because I can do them better and healthier than Reese's can!


 


Better and Healthier than Reese's Gluten Free, Dairy Free Peanut Butter Cup Brownies



1 batch of your fave brownies- I like these



1/4 C natural peanut butter

1/4 C softened butter- Earth Balance- 

1 C powdered sugar- I didn't say these were totally healthy :)

1 t coconut milk



1 C dark chocolate chips- Enjoy Life

1/4 coconut oil- melted



Bake your brownies accordingly.  Let cool completely.  Mix the butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and coconut milk until smooth and creamy.  Spread over the cooled brownies.  Melt the coconut oil.  Add the chocolate chips and stir.  Microwave at 30 second increments until the chocolate is melted and it is smooth.  Pour over top of the peanut butter and let it harden.  Keep refrigerated until serving.





The inspiration came from this recipe, which I LOVE, but I was trying to make them a bit less sinful!

No comments :

Post a Comment