Tuesday, March 21, 2017

My fave holistic nutritionist's Lentil, Sweet Potato, and Swiss Chard Curry Over Quinoa!

 


Guys!!! How good does that look?! 


I am so beyond excited to have a guest blogger today!  Her name is Ariel, and she is quite literally the shit!! 


Not only is she an awesome yogi, but she has a farm where she grows all kinds of organic produce, she is my favorite holistic nutritionist in all the land, AND in addition to all that she is an awesome friend and fab tea and wine tasting sidekick! Can you tell I love her?!  You will too!


 


When she shared that picture of this recipe I was like my gutsy girls and guys NEED this in their lives... So I'm giving her the stage!! 


 



HI, I'm Ariel Zimmerlein!  I'm a holistic nutritionist and farmer/owner of AZ Farm & Wellness. I use my farm and B.S. in Human Nutrition and Dietetics to support, empower, and educate others to build their health and happiness through whole and local foods, while supporting the wellness of the environment and fostering community.  I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did! 



Lentil, Sweet Potato, and Swiss Chard Curry Over Quinoa

By Ariel Zimmerlein

 

Ingredients:

½ tsp. of onion powder

½ tsp. of garlic powder

1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced

1 Tbl curry powder

1 ½ tsp. garam masala*

½ tsp. turmeric

4 cups low- sodium vegetable broth

2 medium sized sweet potatoes, cubed

1 ½ cup red lentils

1 cup quinoa

¾ cup plain vegan yogurt

Juice of 1 lime

2 cups of baby swiss chard and/ or spinach mix, chopped

1 tsp of Pink Himalayan Salt

Black pepper to taste

*** Can’t find garam masala? Make it like this:

Garam Masala

-1 Tbl ground cumin

- 1 ½ tsp ground coriander

- 1 ½ tsp ground cardamom

- 1 ½ teaspoon ground black pepper

- 1 tsp ground cinnamon

- ½ tsp ground cloves

- ½ tsp ground nutmeg

Directions:

• Take a medium sized pot and use just enough water to cover the bottom. Place on medium heat.

• Add ginger, onion powder, garlic powder, curry powder, garam masala, and turmeric. Stir to fully combine and cook for about 2 minutes, only adding water as necessary.

• Add broth, sweet potatoes, and lentils. Stir to combine. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cover again, leaving the lid open a crack. Simmer for about 20 minutes.

• Cook quinoa according to package. Adding 1 to 2 cups more water or broth than recommended to make it a softer more rice-like texture.

• When lentils are tender and the liquid has decreased, add yogurt, lime juice, and chard. Cook chard until the chard is just wilted and remove from heat. Serve warm over quinoa.



Let me know how you guys like this!  Hopefully I can convince her to share more of her magic with us here!  In the meantime check out my gorgeous friend, Ariel, at our website   You can see what she has happening, get her contact info, and schedule a consultation with her too!  



No comments :

Post a Comment