Thursday, December 27, 2012

Santa Brought A Bread Maker!

This Celiac is pretty spoiled!  Remember how I told you all I wasn't supposed to be getting presents because of my shiny new baby that has been tucked away for the winter under her cover in the garage.... well that no present policy didn't last...again... or maybe santa just didn't know about that little detail!


Here she is!
Kenmore Bread Maker With Electronic LCD Display
I got my very own shiny bread maker!!  It may not be exciting for normal gals, but I'm a celiac....so I'm excited! I have been wanting my own for years now, but it was just one of those things that I didn't want to spend the money on.  My parents have one, and they always made me delicious GF bread, so it wasn't a priority for me to have my own.  Now I won't have an excuse to have someone else make it for me!




Mr. Kat did tell me that Santa had a very hard time finding a bread maker....but I think he did a great job.  This one has a gluten free setting... it's number 9 in case you were wondering!  I have yet to test it out becasue I need to get to the store to buy all the ingredients for the recipe that my mama uses... but I will let you know how it works.

But for now I will share with you my favorite bread maker recipe... thanks Bob's Red Mill for this recipe!

Our Favorite White Bread
Combine liquid ingredients and pour carefully into bread machine baking pan. Mix together dry ingredients and add to baking pan. Carefully seat pan in breadmaker. Select normal/white cycle and start machine. After mixing cycle begins, help any unmixed ingredients into the dough with a rubber spatula, keeping to edges and top of batter to prevent interference with the paddle. Remove pan from the machine when bake cycle is complete. Invert pan and shake gently to remove bread. Cool upright on a rack before slicing. Makes 1 1/2 pound loaf (13 slices).







Santa even brought a fancy new dedicated GF toaster for all the bread that I will be making...It  matches my baby sleeping in the garage...shiny red and chrome!






3 comments :

  1. I am wondering if you can do a post about what products you use in the shower, like facewash, bodywash, shampoo, and conditioner. If you have any information on popular brands like pantenne, garnier fructis, etc... Or if you have any other information on lotion please let me know!!! I am a bit paranoid:( I am sorry:(

    Do the products you use in the shower affect your for gluten?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did respond to you.. I promise! I don't know where the comment went! And no apologies from you! I was compeletely overwhelmed when I first realized that it was in the best interest of my health to use all gf products, because yes they do effect me negatively. My grandma has been having some health issues so I haven't had as much time to work on posts, but eventually I will do posts on those categories you've mentioned. If you want info right now just check out my board on pinterest. I did just post the ingredients that I avoid so you can always use that to check products for yourself. As for mainstream brands, I tend to steer clear of those, but dove and sauve would be your best bet. They state that if gluten is in one of their ingredients it would be clearly labeled as to what source the ingredient came from. But I haven't checked this for myself so I can't tell you for sure. I hope this helps! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The breads producing device or even breads maker is a house equipment with regard to cooking breads. It all consists of a breads skillet or even "tin" at the end of which are usually a number of integrated paddles, installed in the heart of a little special-purpose stove. This particular little oven is generally managed by an easy integrated pc, the particular configurations for which are usually put at a the control panel. Many breads devices possess various series for various types of dough—including whitened breads, wholegrain, European-style occasionally branded "French", plus dough-only with regard to pizzas money plus designed loaves cooked in a standard stove. Numerous also provide the timer to permit the particular breads device in order to trigger without having owner presence, plus some expensive versions permit the consumer in order to plan a custom made period. buy Best Bread Machine

    ReplyDelete