Sunday, December 16, 2012

Taco Night!... GF No-Junk Taco Seasoning

I LOVE Mexican food!  It is just plain good and easily GF.... So we do a lot of Mexican Nights at the Red Roof Inn.  Tacos are a quick favorite...and that is just what I needed last night.  Add a pitcher (or 2!) of my famous ritas and you have yourself quite the fiesta!

Have you ever read the ingredients in all those store bought taco seasoning packets??  If you are one of my GF readers I'm sure you have... that's what we do.  So as you know it is hard enough to find one that is GF and when you do find it it is still full of a ton of sodium and processed garbage.  Now I don't know about you, but I don't want to eat all that junk.  So what's a fabulous GF gal do..... well make her own of course.

I sifted through a lot of different recipes and compared them and took what I liked from each one to make my own.  Here you go!

GF No-Junk Taco Seasoning

4 T chili powder
3 T cumin
3 T paprika
1 T onion powder
1 t garlic powder
1/2 t oregano
1/4 t sea salt
1/4  t pepper
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1/4 t red pepper flakes
 
 
Isn't it so cute!?!

Mix everything together.  Easy-peasy.
I usually at least double this... sometimes triple it....
 I told ya we eat A LOT of Mexican Food at the RRI! 
I store mine in an adorable squatty little mason jar.
 
 
 
 Use enough to suit your taste, but if you want a guide, about 2 tablespoons is approximately equivalent to one of those chemical packets.  So use roughly about 2 tablespoons with about 3/4 cup of water per each pound of meat.
 
 
Grab your spices (and maybe some tequila!) and whip yourself up a batch of this for your next taco night!

 

Yum!... Fresh Raspberry Ritas
Of course served in Hard Rock rita glasses!
Definitely mix yourself up some of these to go with your tacos!



No comments :

Post a Comment