Tuesday, April 9, 2013

But I Want A Chocolate Bunny Too!... Gluten Free & Dairy Free Chocolate



I made it happily through Valentine's Day this year... which is a success for multiple reasons... Yay me!  The main issue this year was that I am now completely dairy free.  Chocolates are what  Valentine's day is made of... so what's a girl to do??  Figure it out... that's what!

I found this recipe for Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge.  It's just five ingredients... that are all gluten and dairy free!  Yay!  I quickly mixed it all up with my hand mixer and poured it into some adorable heart molds.  After licking the bowl, I could hardly wait for them to be solid enouch to remove from the molds.  Once this happened they didn't last long! :)   I'm telling you... these are addicting.  So I didn't allow myself to make anymore! 


The bunny was about to come and as I was picking up stuff for Easter baskets I decided that Easter would not be the same without chocolate bunnies for me too.  I found a silicone bunny mold, and some egg ones too!  So I whipped up another batch of chocolates for Easter.  I shared them with my family and everyone loved them so I figured I should share the recipe with you all too... here it is!

I used this mold.... how cute!


Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge


Ingredients:

1/2 cup coconut oil (slightly melted, but not hot)
1/2 cup good quality cocoa powder
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup mild raw honey
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract - I use my vanilla I picked up in Mexico...yum!


Preparation:

Put all ingredients in blender, hand mixer, or food processor.  Mix until everything is smooth and nicely combined. (It will be very liquid-y.) Don’t over-mix.  Pour the liquid fudge into whatever mold you choose, or even muffin tins.  Place in the refrigerator until the fudge has hardened.  That's it... now eat up! Store in the refrigerator. 






So easy and so good!  I'm telling you... the hardest part is waiting for it to harden!

I had the fabulous idea to add some GF Rice Krispies to some of mine and they taste just like a crunch bar.  I also chopped up some almonds in my food processor and made some almond ones too.  Yum!  I wonder what I will think of next....Oh the possibilities!





No comments :

Post a Comment