Thursday, March 27, 2014

My Absolute Favorite Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipe

I have found quite possibly the only bread recipe that I will ever need for the rest of my life!  Ok... I may be exaggerating just a bit, but this is seriously that good!  Try it!


Gluten Free Dairy Free Whole Grain Bread
(click for the original post from Gluten Free Real Food)
 
3 large eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup oil of choice (canola, olive, corn, coconut, grapeseed etc)
1 1/3 cup milk of choice – unsweetened (rice, hemp, almond, cows) warmed to about body temperature
1T +1 t honey
3 T brown sugar
1/2 cup millet,sorghum, quinoa, amaranth or buckwheat flour  (choose one)
1/2 cup second choice of flour – millet, sorghum, quinoa, amaranth or buckwheat flour (choose one)
1 cup multi grain rice flour, brown rice flour or my favorite teff flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup corn starch (potato starch works too)
3 t xanthan gum
1 1/2 t salt
2 1/4 t dry active yeast

optional add ins:
flax seeds
sesame seeds
sunflower seeds
add in a total of about a 1/4 cup

Directions:
Combine first 6 ingredients in bread maker pan. Sift next 7 ingredients and then add it on top of liquid ingredients. Toss in your add ins. Make a little well in the dry ingredients and add the yeast in to the hole. Start the bread maker. My bread machine has a gluten free setting so I always just use that setting for a 1.5 loaf size.  It always turns out perfectly!

*I have tried all kinds of combinations of flours/starches that are listed in this recipe and it always turns out perfectly.  I think my favorite may be when I use teff, buckwheat, and millet.

*If you don't have a bread machine check out the link above... she says you can make it in the oven too!  I haven't tried it myself, but it seems to be a success for her!



I just want to thank Kim for coming up with this recipe and posting it for all the world to fall in love with!

That's pretty much all that needs to be said about that!  Just try it and let me know what you think! :)
 

No comments :

Post a Comment