Monday, February 6, 2017

Kick that cold immunity boosting green juice

I always drink real food medicine! Seriously it's very very rare for me to take any kind of pharmaceuticals, ever.  Unless you have some morphine to share... just kidding!! 


I've had lots of kiddos missing school lately, and all the germs finally got me a little. And we all know what it's like when a gutsy girl is down... autoimmune hot mess! I knew I needed to rest or it would be bad.


I took the afternoon off and spent it diffusing onguard, hydrating like nobody's business, napping, watching Bruce Springsteen live, juicing some good stuff, sipping tea, practicing some restorative yoga, making chicken soup, and cuddling my dog.  Perfect day of recovery! 


One of the best things I could do for myself today was legs up the wall with a straw in my mouth sipping this stuff while the boss serenaded me with some acoustic thunder road! 


Try it if you need to kick some tough germ ass too! 


 


1 c Kale

1 c spinach 

1 lime- peeled

1 lemon- peeled

1 carrot- 

2 oranges- peeled 

2 cucumbers

4 in ginger

1/2 t turmeric- if you have fresh 2in is even better! 

Pinch of cayenne pepper


Throw all the fresh stuff in your juicer.  I add the turmeric and cayenne after and then hit it with the hand blender to get it all incorporated.  


I'm warning you this is a should we say "acquired taste"! 😂. Just focus on all the good it's doing inside your body and sing along to the song! ðŸ˜‰ðŸŽ¶


No comments :

Post a Comment