Friday, April 21, 2017

Why love inversions?

 
This moment was one of my favorites of all time! Anyway... 



Do you love inversions? Hate them? More of a love hate thing?? 

I used to be scared of them.  Not scared to get hurt, but scared to fail, and that's the worst and most useless kind of scared.  I needed to get over it!!

I always tell the kiddos just try.  So I listened to my own words and I fell in love.


Why??
Here's 10 good reasons...

YES, there are tons of reasons that this physiologically helps your body... draining lymph fluids, circulation, balance, coordination... but I want to focus more on the mental side... 


And yes, of course they just look cool and photograph well... but there is soooooooo much more than that. 

1.  Perfect for teaching you the classic life lesson that when you fall you get up and try again... always try again! 
2.  Overcoming fears feels damn good!
3.  The kiddos (and some big people too) are so inspired by them.  I love sharing inspiration with them for their yoga!
4. Knowing you can hold yourself up physically makes you realize you can mentally too.
5.  My core can be a hot mess inside with all my digestive issues, and that tries to get in my head sometimes, but every time I do an inversion I prove that that core is way stronger than I think.  You are always stronger than you think and the proof is right here.
6. I said "I don't give a shit" to what people think of me.  Am I happy with my yoga? Yes! Do I do these to "show off"? Absolutely not! Previously, I didn't share because I didn't want people to think that about me.  But I realized even the people who can't stop and open their mind to the beauty of all these why's are inspired too.  Remember jealousy is flattery.
7.  It forces you to tune into your breathe, which is always, always, always important.
8.  It actually really challenges me.  Yoga has always been something that I was just naturally good at.  Like I was born and built to do it.  I don't care who you are, inversions are always at least a little bit challenging.  And that's a refreshing way to stay humble and grateful for what your body and mind can do.
9.  It forces you to stop and focus.  That's what you see in the picture below.  I was frazzled and overwhelmed... get inverted and I am balanced and centered again just like that.
10.  Sometimes you just need to change your perspective, and what better way than by hanging out upside down! 

 

Right here I have a full shop and full heart... but a full brain too! 

When I lose it, I find my zen by my vehicles, and usually upside down! 🙃 🏎

Just like I said above, it forces me to take a brain break, to focus and breathe, to find gratitude and balance. 

#yogi #zen #balance #strength #breathe #focus #gratitude #pontiac #g8 #liquidred #cargirl #stillplayswithcars #shinebykat


So, friends, be afraid, but don't let it stop you!  Try it, fall down, try again. Use a wall, who the hell cares?! Just do YOUR inversions... That's what it's all about! 

Here is a PERFECT example!
Look at this beautiful mama and her baby! I got the pleasure of teaching them both how to do that.  She didn't think she could do it, but I assured her she totally could and after walking her through it for not even five minutes she did it!  Now she has this precious picture of this amazing moment with her son!  So yes... just try damn it!! 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment