Monday, October 27, 2014

Cinnamon Coconut Oil Zucchini Bread (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)

I'm a little lady, but still....
it's as big as my whole arm!!
I had one last forgotten GINORMOUS zucchini in the garden to use up.  I wanted a really moist bread that was made with coconut oil for a little extra flavor, full of cinnamon sugar goodness, and had some pecans thrown in for some crunch!



Cinnamon Coconut Oil Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
1 C coconut oil
1 3/4 C sugar
2 C grated zucchini
3 t vanilla
1 C brown rice flour
2 C GF all-purpose flour blend (I use Sarah's)
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
3 t cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
1 C chopped pecans
Cinnamon Sugar

Preheat the oven to 325.  Wash your zucchini well.  I peel mine only if they are as huge as the one above because then the outside is tough and I don't like that at all.  When using zucchinis that are a reasonable size I always leave the peel becasue I like the texture and extra nutrients.... and it's just less work!  So peel, no peel, its up to you.  Whatever you choose, finely grate it (use a grater, or just throw chunks into your food processor).  In a large mixing bowl beat the oil and sugar.  Add the eggs and vanilla.  Mix well and add the zucchini.  Mix well again.  In a smaller mixing bowl stir the flours, salt, soda, powder, and spices together.  Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients mixing thoroughly.  Stir in the pecans.  Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.  Throw some extra pecan crumbs on top along with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.  Bake for 55 minutes to an hour.







No comments :

Post a Comment