Monday, October 27, 2014

Teal Pumpkin Project!!

You think Halloween is scary?!? 

Well....seriously, try it with food allergies!  Now that my friends is scary!!  Yikes!!

I have a hard enough time passing out a bunch of candy I can't eat to all my little trick-or-treaters.  Fortunately throughout all my trick-or-treating years I never knew I had Celiac, and I could definetly still eat dairy! Thank goodness!  I can't imagine being one of those children!  Sporting your super cool costume and running up to a porch with a light shining down on a bunch of treats you can't even taste.  Why even bother going? 

Let's not make those kids feel like they shouldn't bother trick-or-treating.  Let's make it easier for them (not to mention less stressful for their parents) and include them in something that is so important to a childhood.  Enter the Teal Pumpkin Project!



I seriously adore this!!


It's so simple.  Just offer some non food items.  Buy your usual candy, but also grab some others goodies too....  stickers, glow jewelry, bubbles, temporary tattoos, crayons, and the list goes on

 
 
 
 

Head to the Food Allergy Research & Education site to get all the info, ideas for treats and ways to spread awareness, and to download bunch of different flyers to show that you support the Teal Pumpkin Project.
Getting ready!! :)

 
 
I'm so glad that this idea is getting exposure! A ton of bloggers, Fox News, CNN, and countless local new stations have all covered it and as it gets closer and closer to Halloween time I hope to hear more and more about it!

Won't you help me do something small that will make a BIG difference!?  Get out there shopping and get those pumpkins painted!!



I know my whole entourage is ready!! ;) 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment