Thursday, October 9, 2014

What to do with the Molasses?...Super Soft Pumpkin Gingersnaps

I had a bottle of molasses hanging around from when I made some yummy Mango Habanero BBQ Sauce (I will have to share that recipe with you!). Every time I opened the pantry door it begged for me to do something with it. I'm not a big molasses kind of gal, but anything mixed with pumpkin is perfectly fine by my book... And my book didn't let me down this time!  I think these may be thanksgiving worthy!

Super Soft Pumpkin Gingersnaps

½cup butter, room temperature
1cup granulated sugar
½cup pure pumpkin
¼cup molasses
1large egg
1tsp vanilla
2⅓cups all-purpose gluten free flour
2tsp baking soda
2tsp cinnamon
tsp ground ginger
1tsp ground cloves
½tsp salt
    
1.  Beat the butter & sugar together until creamy & smooth. Add the pumpkin, molasses, egg, & vanilla, mix until well combined. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, spices, & salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients & mix until combined.

2.  REFRIGERATE the cookie dough for at least 1 hour (or up to 2-3 days).  When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 350*F.  Put some cinnamon-sugar in a small bowl. Roll tablespoon-sized balls of dough in the sugar until well coated & place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. 

3.  Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies look cracked & set at the edges. The cookies will still be soft. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes after removing them from the oven, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Mr. Kat turned his nose up at the thought of molasses, so it seems funny to me that most of these cookies didn't even make it to the container because he swiped them right off the baking sheet! I'm pretty sure I just changed his stance on molasses with these little guys! 

Molasses haters... I could probably change your minds just as quickly as I changed his... Make these cookies! Now!  Thank me later! ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment