Tuesday, March 10, 2015

One Pot Chili Mac...Gluten Free & Dairy Free!


 I love that this recipe is quick, easy, not a big mess, but also not full of a bunch of fake junk.  My original inspiration came from a bunch of my normal eating friends pinning this recipe like crazy.  I was all like... I want that!  Of course I have to change it up to make it suitable for my bitch of a digestive system!  :)


One Pot Chili Mac

1 onion- diced
4 garlic cloves- minced
1/2 lb ground beef/turkey
4 C vegetable broth
1 can diced tomatoes- with juice
1 can red beans- drain & rinse
1 can black beans- drain & rinse
2 T chili seasoning
10 oz pasta- I use Ancient Harvest Quinoa noodles
1 green pepper- diced
1/4 C nutritional yeast



I garnished with cilantro because
 I had some to use up... YUM!!
Heat about a tablespoon of EVOO in a large soup pot.  Add garlic, onion, pepper, and meat.  Cook until brown.  Drain fat.  Stir in broth, tomatoes, beans & seasoning.  Bring to a simmer.  Stir in pasta.  Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until the pasta is cooked.  Stir in nutritional yeast.

The love the quinoa noodles in this recipe because they tend to shed a lot of gunk as they cook which thickens the broth up a lot.  Throw in the nutritional yeast's "cheesy" flavor and you will never miss the real cheese!

No comments :

Post a Comment