Tuesday, March 24, 2015

DIY Mouthwash

So funny story:  Not only do I do my squats while I brush my teeth, I plank while I swirl my mouthwash!  It's hilarious, and it's efficient.  This way I always know I spent enough time taking care of my smile.. and I get my squats and planks done for the day!


I loved Hello Products... but my local target stopped carrying them :(


I completely ran our of mouthwash, and instead of worry about it I opted to figure it out.  I made my own!  And as usual, it is cheaper, so simple, and better for us!


There is no real science to this... as with most things I do (even though I am technically a scientist.. haha!! the piece of paper on my all says so!)


1 part hydrogen peroxide
1 part distilled water
throw in a teaspoon or so of baking soda
peppermint essential oil- enough until you reach your desired scent/flavor


Mix it all together in a bottle.  Shake it a bit before you use it each time. Swirl it around (planking optional!) and spit!  You don't want to swallow peroxide (or the oil for that matter), unless you want to evacuate your belly!







Another funny story:
 I store this in an empty Jack Daniel's bottle! :)
 It's so pretty!





Ever since I have been using this my dentist has been commenting about how healthy the tissues in my mouth are!  She asked me what I've been doing  :)


No comments :

Post a Comment