Monday, May 4, 2015

Greek Chicken Kabobs with Avocado Tzatziki (GF & DF)


Yet another chicken recipe that was declared.... "the best chicken I've ever tasted"

These are perfect for the start of grilling season!

Greek Chicken Kabobs


Marinade:
1/4 C EVOO
1/8 C vinegar
Juice from 1/2 lemon
6 garlic cloves- minced
2 T greek seasoning


Kabobs:
1 lb chicken- I use chicken tenders
1 green/red/yellow pepper
1 red onion
8 cherry tomatoes

Mix up the marinade and cut the chicken into pieces.  Let the  chicken marinate for at least an hour.  Slice up the veges and mix up the tzatziki (recipe below) while you are waiting.   Place the chicken and veges on the skewers.  Grill.





I wanted a dairy free tzatziki that was really creamy with all the traditional flavors of tzatziki.  Then one day when I was mixing up a choclate avocado shake in my vitamix (so heavenly!) it dawned on me... duh.... avocado tzatziki!  It's perfect!


Avocado Tzatziki


1/2 C mayo
1 T EVOO
juice from 1/2 lemon
1 avocado
1 cucumber
1/2 t hot sauce
1 T greek seasoning
1/4 t sea salt
1/4 t pepper
1/2 t garlic powder

Throw it all in your blender and hit go!



No comments :

Post a Comment