Thursday, September 24, 2015

Cherry Tomato Pico

I had an abundance of cherry tomatoes and was making tacos... so naturally, this happened!


Cherry Tomato Pico



2 garden fresh jalapenos- seed them if you feel the need
1 small red onion- diced
juice of 1 lime
1 t sea salt
1 C sliced cherry tomatoes
1/4 C fresh cilantro- minced


Prep the onion and jalapeno and put them in a small bowl.  Sprinkle with the salt and then squeeze the lime over top.  Let that sit and allow the salt and lime to bring out the flavors of the onion and peppers while you slice the tomatoes and cilantro.  Add the sliced tomatoes and cilantro to the bowl.  Stir carefully and refrigerate until serving.


This easy healthy taco topper is full of garden fresh flavor!  You know me, I like it spicy... so I leave the seeds in my jalapenos!  Adjust the flavors to your liking.

No comments :

Post a Comment