Thursday, June 9, 2016

Jalapeño Turkey Burgers with Cilantro Lime Sauce (GF & DF)


It's grillin' season... and I have so many jars of pickled jalapenos from last years harvest.  I love a good spicy burger.... anything spicy for that matter!  Luckily my normally-super-picky-bitch-tummy agrees with me on this.  There's a reason everyone thinks I should've been born Mexican!  ;)



Jalapeño Turkey Burgers with Cilantro Lime Sauce


 Cilantro Lime Sauce
  • 1 small bunch cilantro, washed & dried (approx. 2 cups packed)
  • 1/4 C fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
  • 1 small clove garlic- minced
  • ½  t ground cumin
  • ¼  t sea salt
  • 1/2 C mayo
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • a bit of agave or honey
  • 1/2 cucumber
Throw it all in the food processor until smooth.  Let the flavors mingle in the fridge while you make the burgers...


Jalapeño Turkey Burgers
  • 1 lb ground turkey breast
  • ½ C finely chopped red onion
  • 1 T chopped pickled jalapeño- We pickle our own, my favorite! Add more if you want!
  • 1 t ground cumin
  • ½ t sea salt
Grill them however you like!  I like to do these with a lettuce wrap, fresh avocado slices, red onion slides, and of course covered in the cilantro lime sauce.




The original recipe is here.

No comments :

Post a Comment