Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Letting go of little miss perfect...

I've always been a bit of a perfectionist, but being a gutsy girl has made the issue more than "just a little bit!"

The one pin on my Pinterest page that is hands down THE most popular is for an article by Pretty Little Celiac about celiac and disordered eating.  This is very true for me, and a lot of you too, most likely.  Celiac gives you the mindset that there is no room for error. Which is unfortunately and undoubtedly true, but you don't have to let that spread to all aspects of your life.  If you do, it will only make you sicker, trust me!

I have become a little ball of anxiety, and it is both exhausting and unnecessary.

I decided to let that shit go!

The first place I decided to do this: my classroom. They are three for goodness sakes! They don't know or care if I didn't quite cut that paper RIGHT on the template's line, or if the book I chose to read for circle time might not be THE most perfect choice for my theme. As long as they learn, have fun and are happy, and nobody gets hurt you are an awesome teacher! 

The second place: my yoga mat. No one is supposed to be judging you anyway, that's part of the definition of yoga! My SI joints don't like to stay where they are supposed to (damn them), this causes a lot of issues, this prevents me from holding poses sometimes. Celiac and colitis also prevent me from certain things. This used to frustrate me to no end. I CAN do that. Well, just because you can, doesn't mean you should! Besides, what do you have to prove, and to whom? Check out this post for more of my thoughts on yoga for gutsy girls!

The third place: this blog right here my pretties! I overthink my posts WAY too much. The fear of imperfection and being judged prevents me from sharing things with you. (In fact it was a huge hurdle that I had to get over before I even started this blog.)  I decided that the world is better off hearing what I have to say in a potentially imperfect version than not having heard it at all. Will this blog have grammatical errors? Probably in every post. Misspelled words and typos? Maybe. Cuss words? That's for damn sure. If you don't like that, don't read it! But you're missing out!

Next aspect of my life to apply this to? Body image. Lord, help me, that's a tough one for me...


There I go with that dirty little mouth again! ;)
Again, don't like it? Don't read it..

I struggle with giving that little miss perfect the middle finger, but I'm getting there. Try it, it's refreshing!



And there is a stone for this! If you are a little rock collector geek like me, you might be interested to know that I love carnelian for helping me not be so obsessive about being perfect.  Mistakes are ok, and beautiful actually!

pretty little carnelian...

On another note, one place I am NEVER letting this go: Shine by Kat.  Detailing cars is a very productive way to direct some perfectionist energy! :)  Hopefully I can channel all of that in the direction of celiac disease and detailing cars!

No comments :

Post a Comment