Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Oat Waffles (gluten & dairy free)

First of all check out this adorable and super useful little gadget I found...



It is RED and makes perfect little fake "Eggo" waffles.

And, by fake I mean just as delicious, WAY more nutritious, and without all the gluten! Just how I like it!





Oat Waffles

1 1/2 C oat flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t sea salt
pinch of cinnamon
3/4 C almond/cashew/coconut milk (try to use room temperature so your coconut oil doesn't solidify)
1/4 C coconut oil (you can sub 5 T of butter, but I wouldn't)
2 eggs
2 T maple syrup
1 t vanilla
Optional add-ins: Chocolate chips (duh), chai seeds, flax seeds, pecans, chopped almonds, blueberries, a little protein powder... whatever you like!

In a mixing bowl which together the flour, baking powder, salt, & cinnamon.  In another bowl combine the milk, oil, eggs, maple syrup, & vanilla.  (If your coconut oil does solidify gently microwave this mixture until its incorporated.  Pour the wet into the dry and stir just until combined.  Let the batter set up while you preheat your waffle iron (about 10 minutes).  If the batter thickens too much add a bit of water.  Pour about 1/4 cup into the waffle iron (remember, I'm using the baby one) and let cook until golden brown.  Keep repeating until you use all the batter. 

Note: don't stack them to cool, they won't stay as crispy.  I use a cooling rack for this.

We made these Sunday morning for breakfast and have just enough leftover for the week.
Just pop them in the toaster for a quick breakfast... along with your green smoothie of course! ;)
I love when I have my shit together! :)


For all my egg free friends:  I haven't tried this with a substitute.  If you do, let me know how it goes!

And I have no idea where this recipe came from, SORRY!


No comments :

Post a Comment