Thursday, June 18, 2015

Gluten Free Breadcrumbs... with Chex!





This is so easy and convenient... I want to kick myself for not doing it sooner!


So many recipes call for breadcrumbs.  I used to buy the super pricey gluten free breadcrumbs until I decided that was really really dumb.


I just crushed up some Rice Chex... same damn thing! 
I love that Chex is so happy about being Gluten Free!  Sometimes I do buy the knockoff version at Aldi, they are also very happy about being GF!  Both work just as well.




Image result for millville rice squaresImage result for chex crumbs


I was making them fresh each time I needed them for a recipe.  That took longer, made a bigger mess, and was just a bit of a pain.



I was worried that if I made extra they would get stale by the time I needed them.  But I figured what the heck...lets try it.



Gluten Free "Breadcrumbs"



1 box of Rice Chex*
1 Vitamix with the dry grains container- I LOVE this thing! 
     You can use a food processor if you don't have one of these.




All you gotta do is add the cereal a bit at a time into the container.  Grind it up, not too much so it is too fine though.  Do this until you have done the whole box.  Store them in mason jars and they will be ready whenever you need them.   They stay fresh, I promise!




*I always use Rice Chex, but feel free to substitute corn if you want.






You can leave these just like this or you can add in any seasoning you like.  I usually leave mine just the way they are so that I can season them however I need to based on what I'm making.




Image result for red vitamix dry grains
This is just like mine... of course it's red!
I use this thing at least once a day!







No comments :

Post a Comment