Thursday, June 18, 2015

New Live GFree Stuff.... and my new fave snack!

Have ya'll seen all the new stuff from Live GFree at your local Aldi stores?!?!


My store got it all a few weeks ago.  Let me tell you what, my grocery bill was much higher than normal!  I wanted to try everything!


The Live GFree brand can be hit or miss for me.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the effort that they put into being allergy friendly and loud & proud of their GFness!  But some of the stuff I just don't like.


The mixes for one thing.... the first ingredient in most of them is sugar.  Ummmm... no thanks!  I grabbed the cornbread mix one time because I needed something easy to take to preschool for our thanksgiving "feast".  I was really in a rush and apparently just checked to make sure it was GF & DF and threw it in the cart.  When I made it, it tasted more like cake than cornbread!  I was like I must have done something wrong.  I checked the box and finally looked more closely at the ingredients.  Cornbread should have a bit of sugar.... not sugar as the first ingredient!  The brownie mix is ok though... but that makes sense to have a lot of sugar.  I really am just not a store bought mix kinda girl so maybe I am being a bit hard on them.   But I am warning you... Don't buy the cornbread mix!


Their only pastas they offered before were made of white rice and corn.  Not only are those things not very nutritious, but they also don't taste or cook very well in my opinion.  However, they have new pastas now!  Brown rice and quinoa!  I have made any yet, but I plan on doing so ASAP!


So it appears to me they are making efforts to improve!


I have always loved their wraps and their whole grain bread.


liveGfree Gluten Free Whole Grain Bread
Love this stuff! 
You can actually make a sandwich with it!

liveGfree Gluten Free Plain Wraps
Perfect for quesadillas.... hold the queso!



The granola bars are pretty yummy too!  I keep them at school to have for snack when the kids are eating something "that will make Miss Kat's tummy sick."  I love helping them learn about food allergies!  And it is so funny to hear a two year old try to say gluten free! :)

liveGfree Gluten Free Cocoa Loco Baked Chewy Bars
These are my favorite flavor!
It tastes like you are eating a brownie!





liveGfree Gluten Free Pretzels
These "sticks" are another thing I love to snack on at school.
They are great in Chex Mix too!





This stuff is all old news compared to all the new stuff that they got in!


There are so many new kinds of cereal.  I'm not really a big cereal eater, because I live on green smoothies for breakfast!  And when else does one really eat cereal?  But I wanted to try one of the new ones anyway.  I got one that has flax and chai seeds... haven't tried it yet but we will see.


But what I really have to tell you all about is my new favorite snack!  The Brown Rice Crisps in the Sweet Chili flavor.  I am telling you guys... buy them!  Or maybe don't... because I'm warning you, you will eat the whole entire bag!  They are seriously so delicious and are made of good stuff too!  They are great to put on top of a salad too.  In fact I used them for the Taco Salad that I made for a work luncheon!  Everyone loved it!

I buy every bag in the store each time to go grocery shopping!






So basically the cliff notes version of this whole entire post is don't buy the cornbread mix, but buy rice crisps!!











No comments :

Post a Comment