Thursday, June 18, 2015

Mojito Fruit Salad

I keep my mint in a Jack Daniels Whiskey barrel planter so it doesn't take over my whole garden.  (And also so it is right up by my house for easy access when it's mojito making time!)  In the summer it goes CRAZY.  Like out of control.... I could never mix enough mojitos to use it all... if I did we would all be in trouble! 


So much mint!!


This is a great way to use at least some of it.  This is the perfect summer-time fruit salad to take to a cookout! 


Mojito Fruit Salad

10 C fresh fruit- chopped- use whatever you like
1/2 C sugar
1/4 C water
1/4 C lime juice
1/4 C rum (if you don't want to use the alcohol just add another 1/4 C lime juice)
1/4 C fresh mint- minced

Combine the sugar and water in a small pan over low heat.  Heat til sugar dissolves.  Stir in lime and/or rum.  Cool.  Drizzle over the chopped fruit until lightly coated.  Stir gentley.  Sprinkle with the mint before serving.

Look how pretty and yummy that looks!!

You can use whatever fruit you like or have on hand.  I have done it with all kinds of different things.  I love to use a lot of berries, mango, plums, nectarines, pineapple, grapes, peaches, kiwi and of course watermelon! 

No comments :

Post a Comment