Thursday, August 4, 2016

Fill Your Tank First




I've been focusing hard on self love.

One of the biggest things is "filling your cup."  I get the logic, but the image it put in my head just wasn't working for me.  I would never serve myself a cocktail before mixing one for my family or friends.  Rude!  It gave me icky, selfish feelings.

I realized that that phrase just wasn't in my language.  I'm a car girl so thinking car speak usually works for me!

I need to fill my tank first! Of course!

Think about it... I want to go around helping everybody.  But how the f do I even get anywhere if I'm out of gas? How can I go buy the things I need to mix those cocktails for the people I love if I'm out of fuel?!

I already make sure to take time to take care of my body, because if I don't this jalopy of a digestive system will need to spend A LOT of time in the shop!  But I was neglecting myself otherwise.  I felt selfish taking so much time and energy to take care of my body that I didn't want to take anymore time for me.  But it's all one vehicle.  You need to maintain ALL the parts! Physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually.... all of it!

This just means to take time for you!  I know it's hard!!  But it's a must.  If we can't be our best selves then we can't be the best wives, teachers, mamas, etc..

Start small. 

Take a walk outside with your doggy, take a bath with some relaxing oils, go to yoga, make yourself a cup of tea, put your damn phone down, turn the damn thing off, buy yourself a new pair of shoes, start a gratitude journal, drink enough water, eat enough food, enjoy a glass of wine, stretch, breathe.  These are just some simple ideas.  I'll be adding more stuff like this to the blog as I work on it myself.

Go find whatever fuels you and fill your tank with it!! :)




No comments :

Post a Comment