Friday, August 5, 2016

Sipping Caipirinhas and watching the Olympics!

I LOVE the Olympics! I also LOVE Caipirinhas! How else would I watch the opening ceremonies! 

First things first.... The only cachaca worth using is Leblon.  Don't bother with anything else! Period.

At least that's just my humble opinion, and the only one that I can tell you is gluten free!  So I repeat, Leblon is where it's at!


Guys, Caipirinhas are so easy to make! You only need four ingredients!

Limes
Raw Sugar (I have subbed agave and it works perfectly)
Ice
And of course... Leblon

Muddle four lime wedges and about two teaspoons of sugar (or agave)  in a shaker.  Add about a cup of crushed ice.  Pour two shots of Leblon in and shake it all up!  Pour into a glass with the limes and garnish with another lime wedge.

I've been know to make a mean blackberry caipirinha! Raspberry and strawberry too! The possibilities really are endless! Just throw some berries in with those lime wedges and get muddlin!




No comments :

Post a Comment