Friday, August 12, 2016

Think like the scientist and animal that you are... Find where you thrive!

I have a (bad?) habit of thinking way too much, and doing it with my heart instead of my brain. While I'll be the first to tell you how important it is to be heart centered, sometimes it's more important to just step back and use your resources to think logically.  Know what I mean??

As I was reading through some root chakra lit one sentence really spoke to me....


Another "duh" moment! I have been educated in biological sciences... Think like it! 

Animals are smart enough to not overthink it. They simply just go where they survive and thrive.  Polar bears live in the artic, and camels love the desert.  Of course you can always adapt to an environment, but why? There's nothing wrong with you, and you have the power to move!

or just change environments...

The problem with our species sometimes becomes that we DO have that power. We are also notorious over-thinkers, over-doers, and people pleasers.  We think about our jobs and our families and responsibilities, but those things can't thrive unless we thrive!

We know we can go anywhere, which is a beautiful thought.  But look at it more simply, just because you CAN live in a certain place doesn't mean it's where you thrive. And also just because you were born in a certain place doesn't mean to you have to stay.  Go explore, explore lots of places, and find out, but don't stick around if your soul doesn't feel at home. 

My heart is happy at the beach.  My crazy digestive system is calm there too, I'd say that's a strong indication that that's where I thrive!  But I'm in the Midwest.  My family is here, my school is here, my yoga is here.   I LOVE the changing seasons and living in the middle of the crops, but I can only handle so much winter, it makes me a bit dark and twisty.  Eventually I will probably move permanently to the beach, but for now I'll just be a monarch and fly myself to Mexico when the cold comes in! And there's nothing wrong with that, the butterflies do it all the time!! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment