Thursday, August 18, 2016

Gratitude journal progress.... And my very favorite piece of art!

I just wanted to give you a quick update on how my gratitude journaling has been going! I fell off for a bit when school started back up this week but I jumped right back on track today... Just in time for this!!! 

Isn't this pretty!! 



My #gratitudejournal entry today is what piece of art are you most thankful for? 

Without a doubt the single most precious thing hanging on my walls is THIS! 

My favorite person, my grandma, who went to heaven to become my most important guardian angel in March, painted this.  She had never painted before in her life!  She had just fractured her shoulder and we had to move her to a nursing home.  The dementia was beginning to get her more and more.  She had just celebrated 92.  Oftentimes she didn't know her own family.  It was such a blessing to me that she almost always knew who I was.  I walked into her room to visit with her one day and this was hanging on the wall.  I said "that is beautiful!" And she said "I painted you the beach today." She was so proud, and it had been a long while since I had seen her smile like that!

My grandma saved my life over and over, both with her presence and all those countless prayers.  We had, and still have, the strongest bond I have ever had with another person.  Despite the dementia she knew that I was struggling at that time, it's not something she thought...she could feel it.  Dementia can't take that away.  She also knew my quickest cure to any dark days was the beach.  

I will hold the memory of the day she painted me the beach close to my heart and know that she is always still with me to carry me through the dark days and also celebrate the happy ones! Someday we will meet again, probably on a beach somewhere in heaven! πŸ‘ΌπŸ’ž
#guardianangel #grandmasgirl

See this post if you want to hop on my gratitude journal train with me for the rest of this month.  

This is been so life changing for me that I feel the pull to share it...A guided gratitude journal Facebook group workshop will be coming soon!  In the meantime hop on over to my Instagram, rocksolidvibes, and follow me there for updates!

No comments :

Post a Comment