Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Drink your dandelions... 10 health benefits of dandelion tea!

 


Some see a weed, some see a flower...


I see tea!!


I love to gush on holistic ways to manage your health... and this is an often overlooked good one!


Why maybe you should be drinking dandelions..


  1. Gently stimulates the digestive system, releases digestive enzymes and aids in nutrient absorption (show me a celiac who doesn't want more of that in his/her life)!
  2. Calms an upset tummy.
  3. Stimulates the liver to detox out the gunk.
  4. Lots of the alphabet vitamins A and K.
  5. A fabulous source of calcium, manganese, and potassium.
  6. Helps to regulate blood sugar.
  7. Calms and clears skin conditions (the dandelions say... hey eczema, f you!)
  8. Helps the immune system kick ass by making sure all the good bacteria are happy and thriving and the bad ones aren't.
  9. Decrease inflammation.
  10. Helps with joint pain.


Mary Poppins says a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down... but I disagree! I add lemon to my dandelion tea just because I'm sour like that, not to mention it adds even more detox and vitamin c power! Stay tuned for a post about why I drink lemon water EVERY morning... 


No comments :

Post a Comment